Greece considers program, staff cuts across district | People
The Greece Central School District is considering program cuts and some layoffs in its 2012 budget.
The school board had a budget meeting Tuesday night at Apollo Middle School. The proposal on the table includes more than 40 layoffs district-wide, including about 17 teachers. That number could be lower, depending on retirements at the end of this school year.
Spokeswoman Laurel Heiden says the district hopes to avoid cutting entire programs by restructuring many of them instead.
Upcoming Events near Greece
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man to be re-tried on manslaughter charges after jury fails to reach verdict
- Deputies: Drunk man leaves two-year-old home alone to pick up drunk girlfriend at sheriff's office
- Spencerport robotics team competes in World Championship
- Deputies: Holley man left puppies inside hot vehicle while he went to Eastview Mall
- Meet the medical team at Strong West