Firefighters pay tribute to Korean War MIA | News
The Ridge Road Fire District is paying tribute to a soldier whose remains were identified after being listed missing in action in the Korean War.
In 1950, Army Corporal Patrick Glennon of Rochester was attacked by Chinese forces while a holding a defensive position along the Nammyon River near Unsan, North Korea. He was listed missing in action.
In 2007, six bones recovered near Unsan, were handed over to the United States. Metal identification tags bearing Glennon's name, and other material evidence were included with the remains.
The Fire District pays tribute to all New York State Firefighters, Police Officers, EMS Personnel, and Members of the Military who die in the line of duty. They recognize them with on their sign in front of the Fire Station and by lowering their flags to half staff at the Emergency Service Memorial for three days.
Upcoming Events near Greece
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Monroe County kicks off holiday season with tree lighting and holiday concert series
- Spencerport Community Chorus to hold Holiday Concert
- Spencerport Board of Education to hold regular meeting December 10
- Nurse charged with not giving medication to nursing home resident
- Brockport Symphony Orchestra presents Holiday Pops Concert