Rochester buried with lake-effect snow | News
ROCHESTER N.Y. (AP) - While sunshine brightens a snowless landscape in eastern New York, the western end of the state is getting buried with up to a foot of lake-effect snow.
The National Weather Service has issued a lake-effect snow warning in effect until 4 p.m. Sunday for the Rochester area. Gusty winds are causing poor visibility and drifting snow. Nearly a foot of snow has fallen in Greece and more than 9 inches in Rochester.
Sunshine and temperatures in the mid-30s are forecast for Monday, and it's expected to be around 40 on Tuesday and Wednesday with a chance of more snow around Rochester.
For more Rochester, N.Y. news, go to www.whec.com
Upcoming Events near Greece
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Monroe County kicks off holiday season with tree lighting and holiday concert series
- Spencerport Community Chorus to hold Holiday Concert
- Spencerport Board of Education to hold regular meeting December 10
- Nurse charged with not giving medication to nursing home resident
- Brockport Symphony Orchestra presents Holiday Pops Concert