Henrietta man charged with trying to rob bank in Irondequoit | Crime
A 40-year-old Henrietta man has been arrested for trying to rob the Bank of America on East Ridge Road in Irondequoit on Wednesday.
Police say Jerold Walden entered the bank wearing a RG&E hard hat, passed a note to the teller demanding money but left before he received any money.
Several hours later, Greece Police responded to the report of a suspicious man at the Chase Bank on Dewey Avenue and Stone Road. Investigators say this man was dressed the same as the man who entered the Bank of America in Irondequoit. Police say the suspect did not attempt anything at Chase Bank.
Greece Police supplied Irondequoit investigators with the information and Walden was arrested Thursday for third-degree attempted robbery.
Walden was arraigned and remanded to the Monroe County Jail without bail. He is due in Irondequoit Town Court on April 17 at 3 p.m.
RG&E officials say the suspect charged was not an RG&E employee and that they are working with police to determine how the suspect obtained the RG&E hat.
Upcoming Events near Greece
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Toy and coat giveaways in Brockport
- Monroe County kicks off holiday season with tree lighting and holiday concert series
- Spencerport Community Chorus to hold Holiday Concert
- Spencerport Board of Education to hold regular meeting December 10
- Nurse charged with not giving medication to nursing home resident